Events and Projects
The projects for the South Korea effort 2019 focus on cementing and broadening relations between actors on the cultural scene. The overall goal of the effort is to secure future knowledge about and interest in Danish arts and culture in South Korea. The projects are varied and together they target a broad audience.
The Agency for Culture and Palaces has the responsibilty for the Danish part of the effort in close cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Danish embassy in South Korea. This part will primarily unfold in South Korea. The South Korean Ministry of Culture has the responsibility for the South Korean part of the effort. This part will primarily unfold in Denmark.
Events in South Korea 2019
Crafts and Design
The Danish Arts Foundation, Committee for Crafts and Design cooperates with:
- Autumn 2019, Cheongju International Craft Biennale exhibits MINDCRAFT 18
- Spring 2019, Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale, "Mentoring Camp" & "Artist Talk".
- May 2019, Modern Museum of Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul, an exhibition of Asger Jorn and Nordic Avant-garde.
- Autumn 2019, Art Sonje Center, Seoul. Group exhibition curated by Jacob Fabricius, Kunsthal Aarhus.
- Autumn 2019, Art Sonje Center, Jane Jin Kaisen solo exhibition.
- (TBC) Autumn 2019, featured Danish content at the Seoul Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism, in cooperation with the Danish Architecture Center.
- July 2019, Assitej International Summer Festival, participation of 2-3 Danish children's theatres.
- Autumn 2019, SIDance, Danish Focus at the Festival.
- (TBC) Nahoon Park and Mute Company and Won Il Music Group co-production with Kitt Johnson.
- October 2019, Jarasum International Jazz Festival has focus on Danish Jazz.
- October 2019, (TBC) Jarasum International Jazz Festival presents DR Big Band.
- October 2019, Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) Danish focus.
- 2019, (TBC) Danish animation in South Korea.
- May 2019, Nami Island, focus on Danish illustrators and Danish children's theatre.
- May 2019, Sigongsa Junior Publishing House will publish the Hans Christian Andersen 'Billedbog uden Billeder' (in English - Picture book without Pictures) in Korean in collaboration with Danish illustrator, Lillian Broegger.
- 2019, Seoul Museum of History, exhibition about H.C. Andersen in cooperation with Odense City museums.
- May 2019, Modern Museum of Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul, exhibit Asger Jorn og Nordic Avant-garde.
Events in Danmark 2019
- January 2019, Kunsthal Aarhus exhibits the Korean artist Kim Beom.
- September 2019, Viborg Animation Festival South Korea focus.