Events and Projects
The projects for the South Korea effort 2019 focus on cementing and broadening relations between actors on the cultural scene. The overall goal of the effort is to secure future knowledge about and interest in Danish arts and culture in South Korea. The projects are varied and together they target a broad audience.
The Agency for Culture and Palaces has the responsibilty for the Danish part of the effort in close cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Danish embassy in South Korea. This part will primarily unfold in South Korea. The South Korean Ministry of Culture has the responsibility for the South Korean part of the effort. This part will primarily unfold in Denmark.
Events in South Korea 2019
Crafts and Design
The Danish Arts Foundation, Committee for Crafts and Design cooperates with:
- Spring 2019, Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale, "Mentoring Camp" & "Artist Talk".
- Autumn 2019, Cheongju International Craft Biennale exhibits Crafted Matter
- May 2019, Modern Museum of Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul, shows the exhibition "Asger Jorn - Alternative Languages"
- May 2019, Danish artists' Superflex exhibits "One Two Three Swing!" in the Korean demilitarized zone.
- September 2019, Art Sonje Center, Seoul. Group exhibition "iwillmedievalfutureyou1" curated by Jacob Fabricius, Kunsthal Aarhus.
- Autumn 2019, Art Sonje Center, Jane Jin Kaisen solo exhibition.
- (TBC) Autumn 2019, featured Danish content at the Seoul Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism.
- July 2019, Teatercentrum (DK) collaboration with Assitej Korea on presenting Danish childrens theatre in Korea at Nami Island and at Assitej Korea Summer Festival 2019 : Sofie Krog Theatre with "DIVA", Batida Theatre Group with "Spaghetti", Theatre BLIK with the show "HOV", Mish Mash Theatre Group with "The Nose"
- October 2019, SIDance Festival in Korea focuses at Danish dance and performance
- (TBC) Mute Comp. Physical Theatre collaboration with Nahoon Park, Korea
- (TBC) HAUT co-produces with Korean dance company Shin Dance Company
- (TBC) Odin Theatre (DK) performs at Seoul Performing Arts Festival
- (TBC) Moving Stories, Nina Sveistrup (DK) performs in Korea
- (TBC) Simone Wierød and Copenhagen Contemporary collaboration with Kim Chi Group in Korea
- October 2019, Jarasum International Jazz Festival has focus on Danish Jazz.
- October 2019, (TBC) Jarasum International Jazz Festival presents DR Big Band.
- October 2019, Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) Danish focus.
- 2019, (TBC) Danish animation in South Korea.
- May 2019, Nami Island, focus on Danish illustrators and Danish children's theatre.
- May 2019, Sigongsa Junior Publishing House will publish the Hans Christian Andersen 'Billedbog uden Billeder' (in English - Picture book without Pictures) in Korean in collaboration with Danish illustrator, Lillian Broegger.
- June 2019, Danish authors at the Seoul International Book Fair in collaboration with Korean Publishers Association
- April 2019, Seoul Museum of History, exhibition about H.C. Andersen in cooperation with Odense City museums.
Events in Danmark 2019
- January 2019, Kunsthal Aarhus exhibits the Korean artist Kim Beom.
- August 2019, Passage Festival (DK) presents Korean shows at the festival
- September 2019, Viborg Animation Festival South Korea focus.