Cooperation with embassies and cultural institutes
The Agreement on Cooperation
The steering committee under the agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture is a central element in the Agency for Culture and Palaces’ international work. The Agency for Culture and Palaces is secretariat for the steering committee and operator for the larger efforts and projects initiated by said committee. One of the most important tools to this end is cooperation with the Danish embassies and Cultural Institutes abroad.
The Agency for Culture and Palaces’ assignments under the Agreement on Cooperation
The Agency for Culture and Palaces has an executive and coordinating role in relation to the institutions who work under the agreement. For instance, the Agency for Culture and Palaces has a coordinating function in relation to cultural work at the Danish representations and cultural institutes abroad. Under the agreement the Agency for Culture and Palaces also has the following assignments:
- Negotiating cultural agreements and programs following authorization from the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, among others follow up and administration of agreement commitments.
- Distribution and administration of the available funds given out to the Danish representations abroad for cultural work.
- Responsibility for the cultural section of outgoing state visits, handling this assignment in close cooperation with the relevant Danish representations and cultural institutes.
- Maintenance of networks with those connected to culture abroad, including responsibility for visiting and research programs for foreign curators, directors, festival leaders etc.
- Communication of information related to Danish cultural exchange abroad, to both Danish and foreign media.
Read more about the Agency for Culture and Palaces operative responsibilities on the pages Funds for international cultural exchange, Cultural Seminar and State visits.
Agreement on cooperation
The International Cultural Panel
The International Cultural Panel, established in 2010, is a committed forum for cooperation comprised of the Danish Ministry for Culture, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs as well as other Institutes under the Danish state. The ICP action plan aims to contribute to, and develop, Danish arts and culture.