- 2019: 24. October
- 2020: 23. January
- 30. April
- 13. August
- 22. October
Hvem kan søge?
International museums, art galleries, biannuals, private galleries, small exhibition spaces and international curators who wish to exhibit Danish contemporary art.
Please note the following:
Hvad er formålet med ordningen?
The Danish Arts Foundation wishes to promote the visibility of Danish contemporary art in the international art scene by supporting:
- TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION. Support for Danish contemporary artists' travel and accommodation for the exhibition of their works outside Denmark.
- TRANSPORT OF WORKS AND INSURANCE. Support for transport and insurance of Danish contemporary artists’ works for the exhibition of their works outside Denmark.
Only limited support is provided for publications.
Example of purpose / activity
Travel/accommodation/transport/publication in connection to the exhibition of Danish contemporary art.
Sådan vurderes din ansøgning
The Committee for Visual Arts Project Funding handles applications according to the following criteria:
- The proposed project is of high artistic quality and has a high professional level
- The proposed project is part of a context of a high professional level
- The proposed project is accessible to the public
- The proposed project builds international networks
Artistic quality and professional artistic level
The committee makes a total assessment of the project’s artistic quality and/or professional artistic level, based on the following five parameters. In order for the project applied for to be granted support, it is not a prerequisite that it is at a high level with regard to all parameters, but it is crucial that the project is at a high level with regard to a number of the parameters.
The five parameters for artistic quality and professional artistic level are:
The project generates a conversation
Here, the committee assesses, for example, the dialogue with the recipient; whether the project reaches out to the recipient with regard to, for example, significance, relevance, story and/or message.
The project involves an interesting conceptual context
Here, the committee assesses, for example, the project’s relation to a specific situation, a specific topic, history/ contemporaneity, and so on.
The project reflects on its physical context
Here, the committee assesses, for example, the relation between the project and the platform and/or similar relations, which concern the physical context; for example, institutional framework and/or site-specificity.
The implementation of the project is well thought through
Here, the committee assesses the implementation with regard to, for example, materials, distinctive character, personal expression, ability, precision, technique and/or artistic skills.
The project is innovative
Here, the committee assesses, for example, courage, breach of expectations, reinterpretation, new perspectives and/or concepts.
No support is provided for
- Daily allowances
- Assistants’ travel and residence (as a rule)
- Travel and accommodation in connection with exhibitions in galleries with whom the artist is represented
- Local transportation
- Exhibitions which began before the application deadline
The secretariat will make the applicant's previous applications available to the Committee in connection with the processing of the application.
Hvad skal ansøgningen indeholde?
We recommend that you read the application form and have the necessary information and documents ready before you get started. NB! Activities and expenses relating to the same project should be collected together in a single application.
The following documents must be attached with the application form (max. 15 MB):
- Completed project description and budget. Use this mandatory template.
- Exhibition agreement (only required for non-institution applicants)
- CVs for all the artists, curators, presenters, writers, etc. applied funding for, however max 10 pages.
- Group exhibitions: List the names of the Danish artists who will be applying for production funds in relation to the exhibition.
- Sample images. Min. 5 pictures of max 5 A4 pages, which are combined in one pdf.
- Bank information. You must fill in and attach the official form for international bank wire transfer. Find the form below.
Any additional material will not be included in the assessment of the application.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. Any missing supporting documentation cannot be supplied later. It will be seen from the receipt mail which supporting documents are attached to the application. If your application is incomplete, a new and complete submission should be made before the deadline.
You can orient yourself about previous grants under 'Who has received a grant'
Hvem vurderer din ansøgning?
The Danish Art Foundation's Committee for Visual Arts Project Funding undertakes the professional assessment of the application.
You will receive the committee's decision within 8 weeks after the application deadline.
Ansøgningsskema som PDF?
Her på siden laves alle ansøgningerne elektronisk, men mange har glæde af at printe en PDF til at orientere sig i kravene, inden de når til udfyldelsen af den egentlige ansøgning. Men husk, at du ikke kan udfylde skemaet i hånden og aflevere det fysisk eller analogt.